Digital Marketing Jobs
Our client is a global beauty brand located in Los Angeles. They are looking for a Packaging Engineer. This position is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of packaging for the Global Package Development department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in generating packaging and filled Good Specifications for assigned projects.
• First level approval of color and quality standards for packaging components and filled goods.
• First Level approval of Engineering Drawings, Specifications Packets (components, filled goods and assembled kits).
• Works on preparing package compatibility samples. Setup and review tests results. Issue test reports and distribute to impacted functions.
• Assist in product samples and mockups preparation for all new and assigned packaging projects.
• Conducts drop tests, vibrations test, smear tests, dispense tests and other applicable tests to insure primary and secondary package integrity.
• Identifies, qualifies and recommends emerging packaging technologies to improve product’s perceived value, performance and cost.
• Responsible for requesting die lines, assigning item codes, creating artwork tickets, route artwork for departmental approvals.
• Perform fill capacity, headspace requirements, filling process tolerances, and determining final package weight claim.
• Assists in managing on–site inspections for first article runs, based on approved standards.
• Assists in maintenance of weekly packaging development updates with Package Development Managers.
• Assist in managing challenging projects and delivers innovative packaging solutions within the appropriate timelines
• Assists in the development and qualification of Global packaging suppliers by identifying potential constraints with packaging and production processes, capacities and other associated risks.
• Additional duties may be assigned.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and leadership skills
• Detailed oriented with excellent follow-through abilities
• Ability to work in fast pace environment and efficiently work with internal and external vendors
• Extremely organized with the ability to prioritize workload
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Must maintain confidentiality regarding all new product and package development information
• Bachelor’s degree in Package Engineering, Industrial Engineering related field.
• Packaging Engineer
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in package development field is preferred.