Part-time Payroll Coordinator
Our client, an award-winning production company located in the heart of downtown Culver City is seeking a self-motivated and dedicated Part-Time Payroll Coordinator to join their team!
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for managing the entire payroll process, which includes semi-monthly payroll processing and associated tasks. This position also manages Year-End payroll responsibilities and Quarterly Tax responsibilities.
The Payroll Coordinator will report directly to the Business Manager. This role is also contracted or part-time for approximately 7-10 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to any payroll inquiries in a timely manner including, but not limited to; address changes, name changes, transfers, pay increases, district realignments, etc.
- With the ADP Workforce Now system, make systematic changes, as needed, including the addition of new locations, new states, new job titles and new company codes.
- Ensure payroll information is aligned with the Time & Attendance System on a daily basis.
- Ensure all new hires are uploaded into the system and that locations receive the employee ID numbers in a timely manner.
- Manage all Year End payroll tasks, including W2 confirmation and distribution.
- Communicate regularly with employees to ensure we have their correct information at all times.
- Process garnishments in a timely manner, responding to both the garnishing agency and the employee being garnished.
- Communicate regularly with HR Generalist/Recruiter on benefit-eligible employees and terminated benefited employees.
- Process deductions and additional earnings such as bonuses and director's payments.
- Administer 401K, file form 5500 annually through ADP working with CPA, check quarterly 401k compliance reports to advise for any over-contribution.
- Payroll related balance sheet account reconciliation
- Monthly Payroll JE made into QB
- Payroll experience is required. (ADP Workforce Now exp. required)
- Experience managing Payroll for a multi-state company.
- Flexibility in schedule due to tight deadlines and payroll processing dates.
- Judgment, initiative and the ability to deal with complex relationships and ideas, and the confidence to make timely and informed decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communications, creative problem-solving abilities, interpersonal skills which relate well to a diverse workforce.
- Strict confidentiality and sensitivity abilities, maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws.
- Experience with detailed journal entries in QuickBooks.
- HR Generalist experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with ClickTime is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Must provide excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Finance or Accounting or relevant work experience required
- Strong and effective attention to detail and deadlines.
Please share your resume for immediate consideration!