Our client is an iconic fashion brand creating the latest apparel and accessories. With their innovative, on-trend, and creative designs, you can dress effortlessly cool every day.
In this position, you would be responsible for drafting patterns, managing fittings, and adjusting patterns accordingly. You would also be responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams, including design, merchandising, and product management to obtain a clear understanding of the seasonal objectives.
- Draft first patterns and ensure each pattern is carried through from the designer’s sketch to final pattern; ensure patterns accommodate fabric, silhouette, and proportion
- Partner with sample sewers and work from tech pack comments and follow each action point to finalize the pattern for production
- Partner with cross-functional teams, communicate clearly, and ensure patterns achieve the desired finishing specifications
- Work with design, merchandising, and product management to obtain a clear understanding of the seasonal objectives and strategies for sourcing, new garment development, and costing
- Send sample and production patterns, final specifications, and sewing instructions to factories for development and production
- Manage fittings, feedback, and pattern revisions; provide grading, pattern, and sewing support to external factories
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
- Patternmaking experience
- Strong understanding of garment construction, fit standards, patternmaking, grading, and specification packages