Our client is a popular fashion brand creating the latest chic and stylish ready-to-wear. Their contemporary, fashion-forward, and cool designs inspire confidence every day.
In this position, you would be responsible for drafting patterns and ensuring each pattern is carried through to final pattern. You would also be responsible for working with cross-functional teams and reviewing work prior to production.
• Draft first patterns and ensure each pattern is carried through from the designer’s sketch to final pattern; ensure patterns accommodate fabric, silhouette, and proportion
• Partner with sample sewers and work from tech pack comments and follow each action point to finalize the pattern for production
• Work with cross-functional teams, communicate clearly, and ensure patterns achieve the desired finishing specifications
• Send sample and production patterns, final specifications, and sewing instructions to factories for development and production
• Manage fittings, feedback, and pattern revisions; provide grading, pattern, and sewing support to external factories
• Review and approve work prior to production and ensure work is aligned with amendments
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
• Proven patternmaking experience
• Proficient with Optitex