Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of swimwear that collaborates with retailers and licensing partners to shape the future — dynamically and sustainably.
As the Patternmaker, you will oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit.
• Work closely with the designers to execute the vision they have for style and fit of each garment
• Develop accurate sample & production patterns based on sketches from the design department
• Articulate all details and sewing instructions for each garment
• Troubleshoot potential production issues before samples are made, for both aesthetic & cost purposes
• Update tech packs with size specs, pattern sheets to accurately communicate design details with our manufacturers
• Complete assignments in a timely & accurate manner
• Identifies problems and/or opportunities, makes recommendations and takes a leadership role with the implementation of solutions that improve department efficiency and quality of garment development
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proven experience in swimwear or intimates
• Proficient in GERBER
This position does REQUIRE on-site work Monday-Friday and all COVID-19 safety protocols are firmly in place and PPE provided.