Photographer - Beauty
Our LA based client is looking for a Photography Lead to join their team. The Photography Lead will be responsible for creatively capturing and managing visual assets as needed, including execution of high quality, professional photography and video contents for print, web, and social media for the brand. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. An aptitude to function within deadlines while working both independently and as a part of a team is essential. This position will report to the Art Director and will work with the Public Relations department as projects become available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup, style and capture product photography for print including displays, catalogs, and packaging.
- Assist in coordination of timeline and crews/talents, as well as capture images for in-house beauty or tutorial photo shoots.
- Regularly create on-trend and innovative images and videos for social media and digital content.
- Manage and maintain direct communication with Art Director and Communications Director to ensure contents are produced in accordance with original direction/instructions, schedules, launches and specific hit dates.
- Research, experiment, and recommend new trends and techniques for visual content or editing process.
- Maintain and manage specific equipment, software and studio space including library of products and props
- Perform other assigned projects and functions as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in photography, video or arts or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two to three years’ experience in creation of photography and videos along with other visual assets, preferably in the in the beauty or fashion related industry.
- Demonstrates highest command of both photography and video techniques, lighting and camera angles, and ability to use basic and advanced computer programs, including but not limited to video editing software and Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to accuracy in output filing maintenance.
- Knowledge of social media and how to visually engage fan base on digital platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Outlook.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize workload within a fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Proven capabilities in applying drive and initiative into projects.
Salary: Pay commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Extremely competitive benefits package.