The Merchandise Planner is responsible for the strategic direction of inventory based on analysis of store financials, historical data, and current market trends.
• Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising and financial objectives of the Company.
• Create preseason sales, margin and inventory plans by department class that support product and financial strategies.
• Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department and class.
• Collaborate with buying to develop and communicate strategies that align future financial and product opportunities in the area.
• Forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly basis.
• Present forecasts and action plans in weekly open-to-buy meetings.
• Recap business performance and end-of-season best-sellers by category.
• Recap and analyze actual sales results against plan and LY.
• Analyze and communicate size selling to impact future receipts.
• Collaborate with Allocation/Buying teams to ensure proper distribution of areas of responsibility.
• 3-5 years of Merchandise Planning experience in a corporate retail environment
• Global business analysis and strategic/innovative thinking skills
• Ability to negotiate with and influence peers and members of cross-functional team
• Clear understanding of retail financial measurements
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
• Adaptable to a dynamic work environment
• Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Advanced Microsoft Excel (i.e. Vlookups, Pivot Tables, etc)
"Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.”