Our client is a well-known athletic manufacturer, marketer, and licensor for apparel and equipment. Their high-quality, innovative, and distinctive designs celebrate individuality and fitness across the world.
In this role, you would be responsible for creating seasonal department plans aligned with merchandising gross margin forecasts and the financial budget. You would also identify business trends and establish the promotional calendar.
• Create and implement seasonal budgets aligned with forecasted sales targets and gross margin goals; develop supporting seasonal strategic business plans
• Oversee the budget process team, including merchants, planner, and store planner; establish seasonal merchandise gross margin components and objectives at department and merchandise class level
• Plan inventory, floor sets, and sales promotion plans to optimize sales and margin return; liaise with store planners to establish inventory class requirements
• Implement strategic forecast plan identifying sales opportunities and trends; reevaluate weekly and monthly sales and markdowns based on trends, receipt flow, and promotions
• Develop strategic promotional plan to achieve forecasted sales goals and maintain margin objectives; create merchandise class assortments and transitional plans
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external cross-functional teams, including senior management, merchandising, design, marketing, production, and finance
• Bachelor’s degree and/or industry trained professional
• 2-4 years' retail management experience in merchandising, planning, or distribution
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite; knowledge of Retail Link preferred
• Prior experience with web retailers a plus