PO clerk/ Assistant Buyer
Our client, a national off-price retailer has an immediate need for a detail-oriented and efficient PO Clerk/Buying Assistant to join their team!
- Performs the administrative & operational functions supporting a designated buyer(s).
- Responsible for purchase order management and administration as well as processing markdowns. This includes writing orders, changes, cancellations and necessary follow-up (both internally and externally) to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed.
- Provides on-going analysis and interpretation of key business issues as directed by supervisor. Including the monitoring of regional merchandise reports, Open-to-Buy monitoring, stock analysis and other ad hoc analyses.
- Responsible to insure the effective relationship with vendors. This includes appropriate level of interaction with vendors in terms of both problem resolution and follow-up.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively utilize the merchandising systems and understand warehouse processes. Includes utilizing systems and preparation of reporting to allow for interpretation of the business.
- Demonstrates product knowledge through sharing information with buyer as a result of competitive shopping, shopping company stores, and the market.
- Utilizes product knowledge to take the initiative to suggest new resources and creative methods of sourcing product.
- Responsible to maintain planned receipt flow on a consistent basis. Is aware of when merchandise is being received and makes appropriate flow issue call outs to Buyer.
- Insures adherence to scheduled shipping windows.
- Demonstrates understanding of the concept of liquidity. This includes the concept of managing the Open-to-Buy to insure the availability of having liquidity for opportunistic buys.
- Responsible for accurately representing liquidity, and adhering to purchase order management policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of packaway strategy to offset additional costs of storing merchandise (e.g., additional dating, vendor holding merchandise etc.). Understands the concept of budgeting and release of packaway merchandise.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong Excel skills (VLOOKUPS and PIVOT TABLES a plus!!!) Strong retail math skills.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and PC skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications.
This is a 2 month min freelance/temporary assignment working 40 hours/week. Salary is DOE.