Position: Corporate Buying PR Assistant - Corporate Communications
Location: Western Suburbs
Starts: Beginning of January
Rate: Depends on experience
Our corporate client is seeking a PR Assistant to support the Public Relations team. will support divisions with integrated communications marketing, media relations, special projects and administrative duties. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly organized and demonstrates the ability to make recommendations based upon research and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and carry out public relations strategy that increases the visibility of ALDI in the community that ultimately drives store traffic and sales
• Work with PR agency and internal teams to develop and review integrated communications marketing plans
• Ensure PR plans and media materials align with business expectations and priorities
• Implement and oversee local community, dignitary and media relations by writing and managing various supporting materials, including media advisories and executive talking points
• Dedication to developing a deep understanding of the ALDI business model and growth investment
• Accountable for knowing store-level business needs and constraints, as well as critical regional information, including store numbers, grand openings, hiring events, major DMA media outlets and contacts, etc.
• Build rapport with various internal teams and external partners
• Support manager in supervising budget, allocating funds for different programs
• Exceptional organizational, problem solving and time management skills
• Strategic and critical thinker with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Excellent writing, proofing and editorial skills
• Professional and effective communication, both verbal and written
• Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills
• Agency experience preferred
Associates Degree in related field preferred and 1-2 years progressive experience or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
Related fields/experience may include, but not limited to: Marketing Coordinator, Meeting Event Assistant, Public Relations Specialist, Associate Account Executive
If you are qualified for this opportunity please forward your resume today.