PR Assistant (Part-Time)
PR Assistant (Part Time)
3-month contract, opportunity to extend/convert to FT
Our popular Ecommerce client is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated part-time Public Relations Assistant, with an interest in continuing and advancing their understanding and skill set within the world of brand and communications within the e-commerce sphere. This role will specifically support the PR arm of the Brand Marketing department. Previous experience with PR, communications, media or event management is required. This individual must be a quick learner, detail-oriented and be willing to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment. This role will involve analyzing and tracking media coverage and speaking/award opportunities, assisting in management of media requests and assets, trend research for the business, media list creation and assistance in writing of pitches, briefing documents and other related materials. This role is a part-time position with the potential to turn into full-time based on the needs of the business.
Essential Job Functions
- Support PR initiatives through the development of written content: pitches, press releases, FAQs, timelines, backgrounders and briefing documents
- Provide logistical and tactical support on brand campaigns, announcements, and events.
- Assist with monitoring industry trends and competitive coverage; identify and analyze media coverage across tech, business, consumer and local media outlets
- Create coverage reports to report on PR team efforts/results
- Track and submit relevant local and industry speaking opportunities and awards
- Develop and update media lists.
- Conduct media outreach to support PR initiatives/brand marketing campaigns.
- Develop media assets to support initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1 year of professional corporate work experience
- Demonstrated excellence with written and verbal communication.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask effectively
- Ability to interact and collaborate with colleagues from all levels of the organization
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to self-start and learn quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- 1+ year of experience with PR, communications, or event management at an agency or in-house
- Knowledge of consumer media and retail landscape
- Basic knowledge of media database tools (MuckRack, Cision, Brandwatch, etc.)
- Working knowledge of current media landscape, including social media channels and familiarity with major business and technology publications
24 Seven is a strategic staffing and recruiting firm specializing in marketing, creative and digital talent. We partner with forward-thinking companies and brands to support their evolving talent demands. From freelance, to fulltime, and executive-level searches, we deliver talent that meets our clients’ needs both professionally and culturally with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia and Atlanta.