PR & Influencer Relations Associate Manager
Seeking a PR Coordinator to help execute US & Global PR and Influencer activities, supporting the broader brand marketing objectives of driving brand awareness, new customer recruitment and social/influencer engagement.
The position will support development of PR tools and communication to support US & Global market business needs for global consistency.
A passion for the beauty industry is required, along with a strong understanding of traditional media and the evolving influencer and social media landscape.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities: (List what are the main tasks)
• Assist with PR and multi-tiered influencer strategies to deliver positive ROI & achieve brand KPIs
• Help execute impactful communication plans/assets including calendars, press kits, and traditional media/influencer events; working closely with Marketing to ensure priority launches and key messaging.
• Identify, cultivate and maintain meaningful relationships with a broad spectrum of editors, bloggers, makeup artists and influencers across YouTube, Instagram and other relevant platforms, utilizing Tribe Dynamics and other data sources.
• Grow network of strong brand advocates through ongoing outreach and communication of new product launches & continuous product seeding.
• Secure top-tier media opportunities including broadcast, print, online and social media coverage, interview requests and support makeup artist red carpet sponsorship opportunities, leveraging new launches and makeup artists.
• Support development of PR toolkit needs including global press releases, media alerts, pitches, artistry tips and other relevant needs.
• Regularly monitor and track traditional and influencer social media coverage on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Stories and Snapchat, and compile necessary reports to be shared with internal teams and senior management on weekly basis.
• Maintain organized and detailed reports that track all key brand KPIs (Impressions, EMV, etc.) and update on a weekly basis.
• Help fully execute all influencer partnerships that ensure on-brand messaging and creative aesthetic with development of briefs, product mailings, and gifting.
• Track all paid influencer partnership activity with understanding of best performers based on KPIs, ROI to make recommendations for future activity and partnerships.
• Regular competitive research of influencer activations, traditional media outreach, coverage and press kit mailings.
• Maintain magazine library, ensure all current monthly and weekly magazines are collected and monitored on a weekly basis.
• Stay current with best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to Influencer Marketing, PR, and social media.
• Work closely with marketing, ecommerce, & retailer teams to leverage influencer content across owned social media, brand website, and retailer channels- ensuring an integrated approach to brand communication and content across owned, paid, and earned channels.
• Work closely with Artistry and Education Director to pitch media interviews and makeup tips to support new launches, trends, and core business.
• Coordinate vendor relationships to create mailing materials for both product launches and ongoing brand campaigns as needed.
• Responsible for managing and executing PR mailing programs, fulfilling product requests, inventory ordering, organization of PR closet and maintaining PR supplies (bags, labels, note cards, tissue, etc).
• With support of Marketing & PR team intern, responsible for all departmental administrative duties including organizing PR files, maintaining departmental supplies (bags, tissue, etc), tracking budget invoices, executing mailings, fulfilling product request, product ordering and maintaining PR closet.
Qualifications & Competencies: (List required or desired education; competencies; experiences; soft & hard skills)
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Advertising, Marketing or related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in PR (beauty industry preferred).
o Passion and extensive knowledge of social media platforms and beauty influencer space
o Extensive media relationships with national and regional editor contacts.
o Keen understanding of brand nuances, competitive positioning, current beauty trends, and industry chatter.
• Existing relationships with beauty influencers & experience activating broad scale, multi-tiered influencer activations is a plus.
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, networking and written communications skills.
• Must be a positive team player and be prepared to work after hours, weekends and travel for events if needed.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.