Copywriting & Content Writing Jobs
PR Specialist - Freelance
Our client, a boutique creative agency is looking for a PR Specialist. This is a freelance position that starts part time with potential to go more fulltime hours for the right candidate. Candidates must be able to go onsite in the LA area for meetings.
You should have 7+ years of experience in Public Relations and have a track record for elevating brand awareness through social media, online platforms, press releases, communications and trade marketing in addition to building relationships with key media professionals.
- Research and maximize brand presence on various channels (e.g. web, podcasts, blogs, and social media)
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential professionals
- Arrange interviews, panel discussions, speakership opportunities, networking events, etc., for the CEO and business leadership to promote our company and its products/services
- Ensure brand consistency in all promotional efforts
- Plan and execute PR events to increase awareness of our company
- Document and report on PR campaigns’ results; track and influence media coverage
- Pitch new ideas, and amplify content and social concepts to propel brand awareness while representing the Synapse voice, and staying consistent with current trends and media opportunities
- Support executive leaders and partner with outside agencies as necessary
- Attend conferences, meetings, conventions, in order to stay current on market trends and new research
- Collaborate with the business development team to uncover insights and strategies to increase brand awareness
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, advertising or related field
- 7+ years of experience in communications, advertising, PR and/or brand management
- Previous experience with creatively seeking out and building relationships with PR/media contacts; existing PR/media contacts is a plus.
- Advertising industry knowledge is preferred.
- Be a self-starter and willing to roll-up their sleeves to figure out how to get things done; have the ability to work in a fast paced startup and wear multiple hats.
- Be comfortable doing analysis and know how to use data to support your plans.
- Have strong analytical and communication skills; ability to work with unstructured information and data.
- Be a strong collaborator in sustaining relationships across all functions and levels in an organization to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of public relations/communications plans.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
Send your resume today!