Our client, a well-known entertainment company, is looking for a Pricing/Planning Analyst. This person will master the data sources commonly used in the organization, and be the go-to for any questions about it. The analytic expert will be expected to initiate investigations of the data based on specific requests, but also proactively interrogate it based on self-initiated curiosity. Will creatively identify challenges to the organization's success, and use the data to explore and prototype possible solutions. They will provide answers to questions about the data, self-start investigations about pricing behaviors, models, practices and provide recommendations on opportunities for improvement to current operations.
- Helps to identify opportunities to improve decision making process
- Able to manage analytics projects
- Uses data to test hypotheses
- Takes ownership of tackling some of the most challenging problems we face
- Diagnoses complex problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations.
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) or equivalent experience
- Major or minor in mathematics or statistical analysis preferred
- Major or minor in economics or corporate finance also preferred
- Previous experience in a role that requires rigorous financial or business analytics and/or strategic thought
- Proven track record of creating successful processes or workflows to automate and accelerate business analysis
- Experience in on or all of the following domains:
- Media/Television (Cable, broadcast, non-linear)
- Programming viewership and audience measurement (Nielsen, comScore, Moat, etc)
- Advertising sales
- Marketing, addressable advertising, and advanced audience targets
- Experience with modern BI/data discovery tools (Tableau, Qlik, Looker, or PowerBI)
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Extraordinary ability to take on open-ended problems in unstructured environments
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow.
- Experience with programming, scripting or statistical packages a plus (Python, R, Matlab, SQL)
- Strong interest in media – television and digital
“24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.”