Print & Pattern Designer
Home Print & Pattern Designer
This position will mainly focus on print and pattern design for home product. This person is responsible for designing original print and pattern as well as manipulating existing print and pattern. The candidate will follow trend and art direction to build collections sold in the home goods department. This position reports to the Senior Art Director.
Other Duties include:
- Organize and maintain file integrity
- Organize and maintain product line sheets
- Follow through on revisions and feedback from Senior Art Director
- Meet deadlines and following development calendar
- Knowledge of creating print and pattern for home good product
- Knowledge of creating technical sketches of hard goods when needed
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task by working on various design projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of home product including bedding, bath, tabletop, seasonal décor, indoor décor, outdoor décor, storage, etc.
- Strong understanding of textile technology and how to achieve desired textile print effects through materials, dyes, finishes, color achievability, burnout, screen-printing etc.
- Strong knowledge of trend and color
- Excellent Adobe CS skills (both Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Product Textile Design Education or years of experience in the industry.
- Strong understanding of repeat patterns, screen-printing and material construction.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems and meet demanding deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and has the ability to work both independently and as a team.