Print Production Manager - Part time
Our client, an ad agency in the valley is looking for a Print Production Manager with agency experience. This is a part time position onsite for about 2 months with potential to extend depending on business needs.
This position is a key element of the operations group and provides print, letter shop and postage estimates, production scheduling, vendor selection and management, quality assurance, project alerts, cost efficiencies, new technologies and so much more.
Please be a direct-mail pro with knowledge of the USPS mailing requirements, bidding print / letter-shop services, and building pricing templates based upon the company’s offline product line, and purchasing printed materials in accordance with process and procedures.
Be ready to help us achieve and maintain our strategic vision of being a low-cost, high-value producer of offline integrated direct-marketing services. And be able to execute strategy that supports service delivery, client profitability and client satisfaction, and sharing of best practices across clients.
• Manage daily production of demanding direct mail programs, including planning, scheduling, quality control, manufacturing, and concise communications with internal and external teams
• Review all projects with Account to clarify expectations, production timeline, postal qualification and approval.
• Consult with creative, designers and suppliers to supply guidance regarding formats, print specifications and feasibility.
• Manage/direct changes in writing, re-bid/re-price jobs and ensure pricing guidelines remain consistent with contract and overall profit goals.
• Provide written documentation for all orders and changes, and for estimates and all other vendor agreements/arrangements.
• Quality control jobs for accuracy and on-spec, on-time completion, and maintain quality assurance and quality-control standards.
• Manage positive vendor relationships; develop fail-safe plans to identify/avoid potential issues in pricing, instructions and manufacturing; and maintain backup plans.
• Ensure verbal orders are not accepted or given without written backup.
• Reconcile jobs with team at completion of campaign.
• Attend press checks (when appropriate).
• Develop and monitor cost and time estimates, comprehensive print/mailing specifications and manageable timelines.
• Working with vendors to identify quality control process improvements and managing open communication on the changing needs of clients.
• Research suppliers and present those most able to meet strategy based on manufacturing capabilities, facility competence, throughput, scheduling flexibility, new ideas, and formats or solutions which could help the company increase its strategic advantage or improve its results to the agency’s clients.
DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
• Ability to develop and monitor cost and time estimates, comprehensive print/mailing specifications, manageable timelines
• Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternatives, provide viable solutions, able to develop, document and optimize processes that improve quality, efficiency, and client/team satisfaction
• Ability to resolve vendor issues: changes to pricing that differ from original written estimate, negotiating discounts for errors, working with vendors to identify quality control process issues and their resolution, and maintaining open communication on the changing needs of Kern clients.
• Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point in time.
• Must be able to handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in all channels: written, interpersonal, presentation, formal and informal. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished.
• Must be able to analyze causes of interpersonal conflict and resolve complex communications issues (i.e., undefined roles, objective and information gaps). • Proficient in Windows, Word, Excel Software.
• Healthcare DM experience a plus.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or related experience
•Have at least 3-5 years of experience buying and a variety of direct mail projects.
Send your resume today!
"24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance."