Innovative Lifestyle Brand located in Los Angeles is looking for a Product Designer. As Product Designer, you will be utilizing product design skills, experience and knowledge of materials, processes and technology to create innovative product designs, primarily in sporting goods, athletic, lifestyle, and outdoor gear. Also, initiate new concepts and innovation, ensuring categories continued growth and success. Provide unique design expertise for all assigned products and categories. They will also manage and develop seasonal product color ways, graphic prints, and product trims to leverage and grow the brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(OTHERS MAY BE ASSIGNED)
• From product briefs, lead the creation of innovative new products in multiple categories. Additionally, initiate new product types and category concepts.
• Accountable for initial ideation, concept development, unique features exploration, first spec pack authorship, revisions notes based on fit and wear testing to assist in the development process.
• Meet established product design calendar timelines, proactively review schedules, and spec completion timelines.
• Maintain strong knowledge of current trends, color, technology and sports-related products working closely with internal and external resources as well as market travel and research.
• Demonstrate an understanding of products, product categories, product development, manufacturing,.
1-3 years related product design.
Degree (BA/BS) in either industrial design, fashion design, or related design education preferred.
• Expert working knowledge of Adobe CS and Microsoft Office programs.
• Working knowledge of Solidworks, Alias, Rhino, and/or Keyshot software a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of technical materials, construction methods and manufacturing processes.