Position: Product Designer I Home Accessories!!!
Location: North West Suburbs
Our client, an iconic 40 year old collectibles company is looking for a Product Designer to further enhance and extend the traditional product line but continue to conceptualize and develop new trends in the market.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Must maintain creative excellence for all lines of business in helping evolve and grow the Brand into new and existing channels.
• Assist Product Development Manager in analyzing market trends and evaluating the effectiveness of our past and present successes.
• Review sales data with our Sales and Procurement department as well as licensing reports to help evolve our licensed product mix and determine product line extensions.
• Work with Product Development Manager and international and specialty market product development teams to build superior products that drive the business and further the brand by providing trend analysis, forecasts and creative paths to development.
• Collaborate with others in Creative department to develop new concepts that are in keeping with the Brand and our licensed initiatives, which have strong sentiments, strong titles and purpose (reason for being).
• Create professional product concept presentations to be used as a visual sales too to secure major account orders
• Maintain product development schedules to meet all deadlines.
• Maintain overall quality control of packaging for all product lines, providing information and necessary copyright, under-stamps, decals, warning labels and instruction sheets.
• Assist Product Development Manager in the coordination of the timing of product samples for photography placement in direct mail and our core catalog launches.
• Responsible for critiquing production samples for consistent quality assurance.
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design, fine art or related field is required.
• Designers should have at least 2 years of art or product development experience in the giftware, home decor and/or garden industries
• Experience working with overseas vendors preferred.
• The ability to quickly draw or sketch is helpful.
• A high proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications is a must to complete job tasks.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate strong project management skills
• Must be self-motivated, dependable, organized, detail oriented and have the ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefit package, and a dynamic, fast-paced environment for the right candidate.