Our client, a global active wear brand, is looking for an experienced and talented Product Designer. The nature of the work is focused on the appearance of product, communications, or collateral materials.
Product Design –
-With supervision from Design management, uses design skills to create original product designs or refreshes existing products that appropriately reflect design philosophy & standards.
- May also do an "apprenticeship" with senior designers, completing details of product process in lieu of a full project.
-Advances design image, product performance, and inspires targeted consumers.
Design Execution –
-proactively follows the execution of all product details including: construction detail, color, form, style, detail, fit performance, graphic application, trim, etc.
-Reviews samples and clearly communicates changes to ensure timely completion of each project.
-Works with design leadership and Category team members in Design, Development, and Product Management to ensure feasibility of designs, meeting price points, merchandising needs and product creation timelines.
-Communicates and presents design concepts to various internal and external audiences along with more senior Designers.
-Produces presentation materials in conjunction with the Design and Category teams that effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal and external audiences.
Skill/Knowledge Development –
- Proactively works with Design management and/or more senior Designers to build and advance personal portfolio of design skills, experiences, and product/process knowledge.
- Builds design skills, experiences, and product/process knowledge.
-Builds awareness of current trends, color, and sports-related products through market research to keep abreast of consumer needs.
- Provides design support for design team as needed outside of assigned product load.
-Minimum of 0-1 years technically sophisticated experience in product design.
- Ability to manage 1 project per season at C or D level.
-General ability to apply and perform design skills (drawing/sketching, ideation, color theory, texture, visual presentation).
-Familiarity with trends influencing design in athletic industry.
- Knowledge of computer design applications.
-Effective written and oral communication skills, including ability to deliver presentations.
Typically requires a Bachelors Degree and minimum of 0-1 years directly relevant work experience Note: One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 1 yr; Masters + 0-3 yrs; Associates degree + 1-3 y