Product Developer Associate
Our client is an iconic American men’s, women’s and children’s fashion brand that are dedicated to bringing fun, classic, high-quality clothing to its customers. The company is all about the people – employees included – and takes pride in giving back and doing what’s best for its teams, its customers and their communities. The company is all about creating a work environment that is conducive to creativity & getting things done. Their cool, modern offices and warm and inviting company culture are just 2 examples of how they achieve that.
In this role you will be supporting the Product Development team in building product, in partnership with Design, R&D, Tech Design, Merchandising & GIS, that achieves aesthetic, quality and cost requirements against brand standards.
• Maintain an understanding of our brand aesthetic and collaborate with Design to support the development of the product line
• Maintain an understanding of how certain raw materials perform when in garment form and offer input and recommendations based on VoC, vendor innovation, quality improvements, and competition
• Timely coordinate of good/better/best during sketch review, ensuring strategy is adhered to
• Share concerns/partner with Production Management team on potential issues and inputs to sourcing strategies
• Coordinate the presentation of proto types, washes, testing results and cost options to Design in preparation for Alignment in partnership with R&D
• Coordinate preliminary costing and product options to solve for cost issues in alignment with cross functional partners & rolling up costing to meet AUC targets
• 3 years of Production and Product Development experience
• 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Manufacturing knowledge -- trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity.
• Garment production knowledge -- production cycle timeline, garment construction and garment costing
• Retail math knowledge: AUC, AUR, IMU
• Good aesthetic, design and color sense