Leading OC based Apparel Company is currently looking for a Product Developer to join their Men’s team!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Product Developer will be responsible for managing the product creation process from design hand off to production. Will establish and execute the brand strategy for the apparel product to achieve financial and product integrity goals.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
· Manages the product creation process from design concept hand-off to production and on through to commercialization in collaboration with the creative design team and retail store teams.
· Must be able to create and manage multi-season development calendars and lead the execution for all tasks related to the product development cycle.
· Analyze consumer, competition and trends to ensure evaluation and alignment of the apparel product for the marketplace.
· Present recommendations to improve, course correct and capitalize on opportunities to strategy.
· Analyze business results at retail and competitor trends and adjust future product assortments as necessary to maximize sales, profitability and inventory turns while maintaining brand integrity standards.
· Analyze and negotiate all price quotes on yarns, fabrics, and garments.
· Offer solutions and options to meet target price.
· Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure garments achieve high level of product integrity while achieving target prices.
· Update and maintain BOM’s in development of tech packs.
· Accountable for timely adherence of WIP dates.
· Work with patternmaker and sample sewers for fast track mock-ups and prototypes.
· Daily communication with multiple overseas vendors.
· Other duties may be assigned in accordance with company needs.
· 4 year degree in Textile, Fashion Merchandising, Design or equivalent years of experience.
· 5+ years’ experience in product development
· Experience with board shorts, walk shorts, denim, knits, sweaters and jackets
· Strong knowledge of apparel development, fit and construction with an understanding of appropriate quality and brand standards.
· Ability to understand technical drawings and product specifications.
· Experience with WIP tracking to maintain calendar
· Sound knowledge of international production process