Lifestyle company is seeking a Product Developer .
The primary responsibility of the Product Developer is to provide operational, technical and creative support advancing products from design to commercialization, to exceed brand, sales and marketing goals. Expertise spans prototyping design concepts, construction, cost and quality engineering as well as material development of componentry and fabrics.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Tech Pack development: Executes all details of tech packs including technical artwork, color-ups, materials and components selection, materials summary, technical specifications and callouts through production hand-off.
2. Manages prototypes and all revisions through Confirmation Proto.
3. Analyzes BOM/FOB cost, utilizing spreadsheet tools and proposes cost impact changes to product during development.
4. Administrates and prepares proto review meetings with agenda, product presentation, comments, and cost analysis.
5. Coordinates with QA to review product, determine a testing plan, implement testing and trouble-shoot issues.
6. Accurate determination of product development dimensions, capacities, weight and fit specifications.
7. Visual Line Plan (VLP): Creates and updates accurate VLP as a living document and communicates changes implemented.
8. Calendar Management: Collaborates to create Development Calendar to align to key company milestone needs, utilizing time management and communications skills to track progress and meet deadlines.
9. Materials Development:
a. Collaborates with Lead Designer to determine materials needs, communicate with vendors/mills and submit options and information to Lead Designer.
b. Lab Dip Management: initiate color dips with mills, track and approve.
c. Materials Summary: manage and update materials summary sheet to specify colorway information of product materials.
d. MOQ order: initiates and updates the MOQ order form, leading to Photo/Sales Samples orders.
e. Review of 3-D artwork files, engineering drawings and manage development of hard-goods componentry.
10. Contributes to sustainability and innovation projects related to product materials, construction, and function.
11. Coordinates and implements post-production changes to In-line products through ECN process.
12. Contributes to consumer insights through sample field testing coordination and analysis.
13. Researches and develops new manufacturing processes; conducts testing and produces manufacturing specifications.
Years of related experience: 2-5
• Associate or higher degree in Industrial Design or related field experience required
• Knowledge of sewn and non-sewn manufacturing construction techniques.
• Basic textile and materials knowledge.
• Technical drawing proficiency and experience
• Creative environment experience, with developing visualization skills
• Computer literate in Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator; Photoshop desired
• Meets deadlines
• Problem-solving mentality, using sound judgement and diplomacy
• Research and analytical skills
• Strong relationship building and communications skills
• Business writing skills, strong ability to communicate cross-culturally
• Self-motivated and organized