Leading OC based Apparel Company is currently looking for a Product Developer to join their team!
POSITION SUMMARY:The Product Developer will be responsible for managing the product creationprocess from design hand off to production. Will establish and execute thebrand strategy for the apparel product to achieve financial and productintegrity goals.
PRINCIPALRESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
· Manages the product creation process from designconcept hand-off to production and on through to commercialization incollaboration with the creative design team and retail store teams.
· Must be able to create and manage multi-seasondevelopment calendars and lead the execution for all tasks related to theproduct development cycle.
· Analyze consumer, competition and trends toensure evaluation and alignment of the apparel product for the marketplace.
· Present recommendations to improve, coursecorrect and capitalize on opportunities to strategy.
· Analyze business results at retail andcompetitor trends and adjust future product assortments as necessary tomaximize sales, profitability and inventory turns while maintaining brandintegrity standards.
· Analyze and negotiate all price quotes on yarns,fabrics, and garments.
· Offer solutions and options to meet targetprice.
· Work closely with cross functional teams toensure garments achieve high level of product integrity while achieving targetprices.
· Update and maintain BOM’s in development of techpacks.
· Accountable for timely adherence of WIP dates.
· Work with patternmaker and sample sewers forfast track mock-ups and prototypes.
· Daily communication with multiple overseasvendors.
· Other duties may be assigned in accordance withcompany needs.
· 4 year degree in Textile, Fashion Merchandising,Design or equivalent years of experience.
· 3+ years’ experience in product development
· Experience with board shorts, walk shorts,denim, knits, sweaters and jackets
· Strong knowledge of apparel development, fit andconstruction with an understanding of appropriate quality and brand standards.
· Ability to understand technical drawings andproduct specifications.
· Experience with WIP tracking to maintaincalendar
· Sound knowledge of international productionprocess