Product Development Associate
Our client, a contemporary activewear company based in Los Angeles is looking for a Product Development Associate to join their team! The ideal candidate will have an apparel education and background with an understanding of textiles, and working knowledge of PLM.
- Assist the Brand Development Manager on a day to day basis
- Maintaining the Bill of Materials (BOM) page in PLM system
- Maintain seasonal development WIPS (styles, fabrics, trims, prints, and lad dips)
- Coordinate salesman samples ordering and manage Sample Coordinators
- Manage development ensuring product details meet aesthetic direction for SMS through bulk production
- Work with Manager on style-level vendor allocation for all styles put into development.
- Close working relationship with Design, Tech, R&D, Production, domestic and overseas vendors
- Communicate development information to manufacturing sources overseas and domestically
- Attend fit sessions, review lab dips and print strike offs
- Maintain Seasonal Line Guide Information (setup and changes) with Marketing
- Attend fabric/trim appointments, and seminars as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have one to three (2-5) years of experience in the apparel industry
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a team environment, build trust and relationships with vendor & company staff
- Thorough understanding of testing protocol, product integrity requirements, product cycle timeline and garment construction.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Proficiency with PLM and Adobe Suite- Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
"Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance."