Product Development Coordinator
Our client, a home and children's wear company known for their soft and luxurious blankets and quilts is looking for a Product Development Coordinator! This person will be responsible for coordinating product development operations and communicating with oversees vendors. This includes coordinating product development schedule to ensure that products enter the market successfully. In addition, this person reports to Brand Director and collaborates with Designers, Sales, Production and other management to ensure that all product requirements are met before hand off to production.
This position requires proficiency in Outlook, Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel and Smartsheet to write communications, run calculations, and prepare presentations internally and externally. Participation in company meetings with high level customers is required. This includes important organization of sample requests, stock pulls, professionalism in presentation and travel. Use of personal cell phone is also required.
List of Tasks
- Responsible for coordinating the development of a product from concept through final fit approval for all categories; Home, Women, Men, Youth, Baby + Child and Pet. This includes assisting designer with fittings and providing comments.
- Works with designer and brand director on researching trends, inspiration shopping, desired aesthetic and raw materials including packaging and trims per style. Attending sourcing shows would be helpful but not required at this time.
- Liaison between brand director, designer(s), assistant(s) and overseas factories throughout the entire development and pre-production process. This includes maintaining weekly sample status reports from each supplier to ensure all requests are noted.
- Updates and helps maintain Product Development Smartsheet(s) on a daily basis.
- Receive/Track parcel shipments inbound/outbound. Approve sample shipments and invoices. Approve and archive sample audit sheets for all new developments.
- Request lab dips for new color development. Approve and archive color standards.
- Maintain organization of design room and assist in updating pin boards.
- Negotiates with vendors to ensure the most cost-efficient prices for MOQ’s for new styles based on target wholesale/retail costs. If a style is written for high volumes (i.e. QVC and Nordstrom) then production works with factories with given targets to meet markup requirements.
- Create trim and labeling artwork such as main labels, size labels and care/content labels. Request/Approve trims and once approved archive them.
- Send tech packs/official bulk specs to overseas partners and ensure accuracy of information. This includes providing official packaging/trim details for all styles.
- Assist/Review Graded PPS samples before approved for bulk production.
- Maintain and archive bulk specs.
- Oversee all sample ordering, tracking, labeling, login/logout with images, and hand-offs- including (but not limited to) Protos, Pre-Production, TOP and Salesman samples.
- Review TOP samples and bulk swatches with production to ensure they match the approved proto samples
- Communicate when product development delays jeopardize time-sensitive assignments such as photo shoots, tradeshows, important meetings and projected/desired delivery windows.
- Ensure that market samples, stock pulls and line sheets are ready in time for studio/lifestyle photo shoots, tradeshows and key account meetings. Attendance and travel is required.
- Travel to oversees vendors/factories as needed.
- Create Buy Plans for new styles and work with brand director, designer and sales to help determine projections for each season.
- Trains sales on new products per season.
- Participate in photo shoot preparation, castings, shot lists, scouting locations, and styling.