Product Development Director
Our client is a creative, innovative and luxurious cosmetics company that is dedicated to making women feel beautiful from the inside out. With so many gorgeous color palettes to choose from, their high-quality products are designed to enhance a woman’s natural beauty. Their company culture is fun and exciting, with new ideas always present.
In this role you will be responsible for the product development process of new and existing products, from strategy and concept, to launch of products in line with brand equity and goals. This candidate is accountable for timely, high quality launches, with the scope of formulation, shade development, packaging, product copy, pricing, and COGs management.
• Conceptualize and brainstorm new products through meetings with the overall Marketing, R&D, Sourcing, and Manufacturing teams; also by attending trade shows and conducting competitive shopping and trend research
• Lead the briefing process for new product launches with internal cross-functional teams and external suppliers, assuring clear communication on spec sheets, benchmarks, and timelines
• Ensure progress of submissions until desired attributes and performance are achieved
• Work with R&D, Sourcing, and Operations to ensure timely submissions, approvals, testing, and troubleshooting any production issues
• Develop and maintain budgets, product volume forecast, and Cost of Goods targets
• Collaborate with the Brand Marketing team to ensure cohesive product presentation, packaging execution, and communication on the cosmetics wall
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 6 years of progressive work experience - *color cosmetics experience a must*
• FDM Color Cosmetic experience required
• Excellent Leadership Skills – Maintains Marketing Department staff by developing, fostering, recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
• Detail-Oriented – Takes pride and initiative in one’s work. Is well-organized, meticulous, and takes ownership of projects
• Passion – To be the brand champion, own the brand, and instill that passion in others