Product Development Director-Hair-care-LA, CA
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR NEEDED FOR A TOP HAIR-CARE COMPANY IN LOS ANGELES, THAT IS EXPANDING QUICKLY.
Looking for Product Development Director to the team to blend product creation and innovation with strategic execution to influence significant long-term growth and brand enhancement. The ideal candidate is someone who can understand and represent our consumer when driving choices in new product innovation. If you’re passionate about reimagining the beauty industry and are looking for a place to flourish, then this is the partnership with the creative teams to develop new products for this Top Haircare brand in US that is growing fast. The ideal candidate should have specific knowledge in the haircare industry.
• Drive growth and establish the innovation standard for the brand across new products, new categories and new business
• Create a product pipeline/library that drives consistent growth
• Utilize social media to crowdsource new ideas for product development
• Create and lead best in class product development process that spans from competitive analysis/patterning to product positioning/concept briefs (characteristics/innovative ingredients) to produce execution packaging and graphics
• Manage new innovation projects from product ideation to R&D; encourage creativity in R&D process resulting in sourcing new, innovative raw material vendors, chemists and labs while managing an achievable timeline with cross-functional partners.
• Develop products that are innovative and fit with the brand but also look great on social media to encourage engagement
• Drive product innovation by gathering consumer insights from external brainstorming and customer service team; create protocol and processes for systematic feedback.
• Know the competitors, market/product trends and general conditions that will affect the business over the short and long term and establish strategies to maximize new products and innovation success.
• Together with finance, create systematic measurement tools that monitor the innovation standard’s success;
• Partner with finance, sales and education and integrated marketing to analyze the product and business portfolio and identify plans to optimize results.
MUST HAVE CURRENT PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE SPECIFICALLY IN HAIR CARE. AND IN A DIRECTOR ROLE OR VERY SENIOR ROLE IN MANAGEMENT. NO EXCEPTIONS