Product Development Engineer
Our client, a well-known toy manufacturer is looking for a temporary Product Development Engineer to assist their team! The ideal candidate will have a great balance of Project Management in addition to Technical skills.
This candidate will
- Manage and facilitate the complete lifecycle and development process of assigned products- ensuring completion of all product related activities, deliverables and documentation by the cross-functional team.
- Ensure products meet cost, schedule, performance, and safety and product integrity goals at each milestone and that each product is ready and turned-over to the manufacturing source when required.
- Understand how changes in the schedule affect availability and what potential options exist to avoid delays.
- Drive resolution of open issues that may impact milestone realization or lifecycle advancement.
- Support the team with early guidance of concept feasibility and general product manufacturing and assembly recommendations.
- Keep up to date on current manufacturing capabilities and limitations of vendors and plants.
- Provide engineering direction and technical support to a cross-functional product development team.
- Estimate costs for early design concepts in order to facilitate cost/feature balance decisions.
- Drive cost reduction efforts as required.
- Responsible for initial bill of materials, preliminary tool plan, ensuring proper documentation, and issuing change orders to advance lifecycle phase of product and dependent items.
- Oversee construction of control drawings, exploded views and product CAD files created by Mechanical Design or outside vendor
- Present applicable new technologies to team.
- Create and present innovative concepts for consideration that are cost effective and manufacturable.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
- Proactive self-starter with a strong problem solving ability and creative mindset.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities and efficiently use time to complete assigned tasks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work within cross
- functional global team.
- 1-3+ years related experience
- High-volume consumer product experience is preferred.
- Ability to direct product design for the most cost-effective manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of the production environment including mold build, molding,
- decoration, assembly and pack-out.
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or related field (or equivalent)
“24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.”