Product Development Manager
Our client, a leading action sport brand, is looking for a Product Development/Production Manager. The Product Development/Production Manager will manage the process and execute the details from design handoff through production and ex-factory; meeting the objectives of the product brief. This position is key in creating, maintaining, and disseminating of technical information and documentation necessary for the timeliness and quality manufacturing of products. This is a full-time position reporting to the VP of Product Operations and Merchandising in Corona, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities (Include But Are Not Limited To):
• Manage projects to calendar milestones, to insure on time delivery of quality product, meeting the expectations of the product brief.
• Create and maintain comprehensive spec packages that meet the expectation of the product briefs and design.
• Continually make sure packages are complete and free from errors. Deliver tech packages to vendors precisely within development calendar time frame.
• Research and evaluate new methods of assembling a garment, combining materials and manufacturing technology to reach the highest levels of performance, style, and quality.
• Source materials and trims for each specific product being developed and for future uses.
• Help develop sourcing strategy, with existing and new vendors that is appropriate for each style in alignment with the brand’s objectives.
• Create, negotiate, and maintain detailed library of Cost Break Downs.
• Maintain fabric and trim library in partnership with the design team.
• Manage the product manufacturing process.
• Monitor and manage the work in progress (WIP) to insure quality and on time delivery of production.
• College Degree in Apparel Design or related course of study.
• Minimum 7 years of product development related experience.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
• Able to accurately generate graded size specs.
• Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to meet objectives within set timelines.
• Advanced knowledge of a product specification package.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of costing and negotiation, forecasting, manufacturing, sewing assembly, materials, and construction techniques.
• Ability to train and mentor.
• Attention to detail and well organized.
• Excellent time management skills are necessary with superb organization.
• Understanding of fit, pattern making, and grading is also necessary.
• Previous work experience in action sports apparel market a plus.