Product Development Manager-El Segundo/Torrance, CA
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A STRONG EXPERIENCED BEAUTY/CARE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER FOR A HOT GROWING COMPANY-BASED IN EL SEGUNO/HAWTHORNE/TORRANCE, CA AREA.
Must be an energetic, organized and process-driven Product Development Manager with Beauty Experience to join their fun, hard-working team of results-driven, creative and collaborative people! Reporting into the Brand Director, the Product Development Manager will be responsible for coordinating the various stages involved in the planning, development and launch of our beauty brands.
- Own and maintain product development timelines and track project progress ensuring adherence to deliverables at every stage in the process. (e.g. concepting phase, prototypes completed, samples received, etc.)
- Coordinate on any manufacturing issues or delays and work internally and externally to find solutions and/or alternatives.
- Function as the main point of contact for product related questions.
- Guide sourcing around desired pricing and product needs.
- Manage sales samples for sales team, pull necessary items for sales presentations and assist with basic PowerPoint updates on presentation decks as needed.
- Conduct market research of competitive environment/trends to develop objectives for new product development.
- Negotiate costs with factories as needed and ensure cost structure meets margin goals.
- Understand and manage QA/QC process, testing protocols, and regulations as they apply to product.
- Track the production and shipping of marketing samples, communicate with marketing team on arrival times and manage prototype and retail samples.
- Ensure timely and accurate item set-up of “item points” including information such as product dimensions, packaging dimensions, product materials, etc.
- Organize project details meticulously to ensure specs are precise, timelines tracked, and deadlines met.
- Demonstrate teamwork across departments to coordinate progress and solve challenges.
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Product Development experience in Beauty required. Naturals and any SPF, oral care, or acne experience is preferred.
- 5+ years in a similar role with experience in product sourcing and overseas sampling and production.
- The ability to analyze vendor information to determine the most appropriate course of action for price and provide suggestions for product construction as it applies to cost reduction.
- Must have in-depth understanding of the financial impact of cost / price decisions with regard to product and assortment.
- A meticulous attention to detail and time management skills with the ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and strong process management skills.
- Superior customer service with excellent phone, email and writing etiquette.
- Ability to adapt and manage effectively in fast-paced and continuously changing environment.
- Emotional Maturity and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
USEFUL, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• MAC, Sharefile, Netsuite and Smartsheets exposure helpful.
• Experience with costing analysis preferred. .
Send your resume today!
"24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance."