Product Development Manager-Haircare-Ventura County, CA
SEEKING A BEAUTY/HAIRCARE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER FOR A GROWING COMPANY IN VENTURA COUNTY, CA. MUST HAVE CURRENT BEAUTY PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE. NO EXCEPTIONS!
The Product Development Manager is responsible assisting the Product Development Team with haircare projects. The Product Development Manager will track and manage all product samples, submissions, production standards, competitive samples and vendor capabilities. The Manager also creates and manages accurate Product Information Files on each product in the product portfolio.
• Manage and organize product sample storage including not limited to: development submissions, product prototypes, product standards and manufacturer capabilities.
• Manage production standards for the assigned categories. Ensure standards are updated according to schedule with Quality Assurance and Contract Manufacturers.
• Responsible for sample request and submission forms to internal and external parties with accurate documentation and tracking system.
• Create and maintain accurate and complete Product Information Files on all products.
• Assists Product Development Team with routing submissions for evaluation and gathering/reporting feedback to inform product redirect or approvals.
• Has done development with China vendors and understands how to carry a project through from A-Z!
• Assist Product Development team with specific market research, ingredient search, specific market analysis research, competitor's product assessment and pricing.
• Passion for the haircare industry consumer, market and industry trends
• Organized with a strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and project management skills
• Experience managing contract manufacturer and supplier relationships
• Comfortable working in a cross-functional environment
• Successful track record of working in a fast-paced environment
• Driven to learn new skills
• Two years college or certification
• BA or BS preferred
• Knowledge of haircare products and industry.
• At least 3 years of beauty industry product development experience and current
• Past experience in hair is a plus