Product Development Ops Asst. Mgr - Beauty- Los Angeles, CA
Our client is a well known and rapidly growing Beauty company in LA. And they are looking for an experience Product Development Operations Assistant Manager.
- Creative, resourceful and ambitious individual who is a team player with a can-do attitude, and with the ability to work independently or collaboratively with multiple people and/or teams.
- Have strong organizational and project management skills with experience in scheduling, resource allocation and management, and task dependencies.
- Overseeing your deadlines are met and you are always looking for innovative solutions to help your company thrive as you share your expertise with energized colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
Overview of Job
- The Product Development Operations Assistant Manager is the central contact point for managing all project work that flows through the Product Development Department.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the traffic operations in a high-volume environment that involves managing of resources, timelines, and launch dates.
- Will partner and communicate with creative team, project management team and other internal departments.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Drives all PD creative projects initiated by the creative services department and manages production through internal online management system.
- Receives and reviews all creative briefs submitted to the product development, tracks updates as needed, and ensure timely and accurate processing
- Works with creative director(s) to assign creative resources, then creates a detailed production schedule for each project.
- Works closely with graphic designers, copywriters, photographers, print production, brand marketing and other team members as required to monitor and move all projects throughout the design and production process.
- Creates, Reviews, and distributes daily work schedule to appropriate internal business partners.
- Publishes a daily production status report to ensure complete and constant transparency and clarity across all team members of schedules and job status
- Foresees potential scheduling and delivery conflicts early and proactively proposes solutions for resolution for review by manager.
- Assists team in scheduling creative brief reviews, project kickoff meetings, pre-production meetings, and approval meetings when required.
- Manages internal routing of all concepts, layouts, artwork and digital proofs for review. Often compiles design and copy feedback and relays those changes to design and copy teams.
- Assists creative team in maintaining and archiving all files in an organized and consistent manner, including artwork, photog Qualifications
- High energy, positive can-do attitude who not only achieves, but exceeds in fast-paced entrepreneurial environments
- Strong leadership skills who can galvanize not only those who work for her/him, but also all those within the organization
- Proven success in establishing and fostering strong relationships both internally and with outside vendor partners
- Positive, Pro-active problem-solving abilities
- Understanding and experience with print
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, while juggling multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful, with excellent problem-solving skills – must be able to foresee scheduling conflicts and take quick action when schedules go off course
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Adobe Creative Suite and project management tools. Background in online asset/ project management system a major plus
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in coordination or project management of media projects/events
- Passion for cosmetics
- Travel as needed, up to 5-10%
"Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.”