Our client is an eclectic, innovative and creative professional beauty company that manufactures and markets a full range of hair care for today’s salons and salon professionals. Their high quality products have a rich history in creating beautiful hair. With a tight-knit company culture, their employees are smart, creative and tenacious.
In this role, you will provide product testing data and information to assist in key decision making regarding product initiatives for existing and new products.
• Participate in weekly New Product Development meetings to establish and keep testing priority schedule
• Ensure all new product testing stays on track and meets major testing deadlines
• Work with New Product Development Managers to recruit, communicate with and manage all field testers and the outgoing products for field testing
• Oversee and execute all testing according established protocols including but not limited to Bench Mark testing, Intermediate Evaluation of formula submissions, existing product formula adjustments and upgrades
• Record and present results and opinions as directed in a clear manner - this includes written, MS Excel and/or PowerPoint presentations as required by established testing protocols
• Create and submit a photographic record of all test activity
• Active California Cosmetology License
• Minimum 5 years of experience in professional salon environment
• Understanding of cosmetic ingredients and their effect on hair
• Excellent hairstyling skills
• Outstanding hair color application skills
• Firm understanding of color theory