Product Marketing Manager
The marketing team is looking to grow into different categories and will need a strong product marketing manager to lead the charge. This position will collaborate with many departments to lead the strategy and development of new products, updating current and operationally execute product branding as needed. In this role, you will work closely with Sr. Director of Marketing to develop, manage and launch new and exciting products/brand. You will manage all aspects of product development from concept to final product launch.
• Support strategic vision of the of both retail and professional brands by gathering data, analyzing for patterns and trends, and making go forth product recommendations/implications
• Monitor the performance of the both brands/SKUs, new launches and existing business and provide actionable recommendations to improve and grow both product lines/brands
• Act as point person for cross-functional teams and external contacts in terms of anticipating, identifying and seeking resolution of developmental and operational issues as well as ensuring timeline/deadlines are met for launch.
• Conduct competitive analysis on product launches to asses price, product, positioning, merchandising and packaging as well as staying on top of trends in relevant categories.
• Lead formula development including testing, revising, sampling and compiling revisions for final formula approval.
• Responsible for managing the development of launch strategies including product concept, product positioning and launch tools.
• Initiate the development process by issuing all necessary paperwork and clearly communicating project details and objectives to all departments / external contacts as needed.
• Conduct focus groups in order to asses feedback on product formula, positioning, concept, etc in order to finalize product details.
• Be key liaison with operations in order to source componentry, packaging, product support materials, etc.
• Ensure that products launches meet strategic, budget and sales objectives and executed in a timely manner.
• Continually look at product evolution of discontinuing products and phase out execution plan.
• Responsible for SKU management for both brands
• BA/BS degree required
• 3-5 years’ experience in beauty, working on new product launches and/or promotional programs
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to see the “big picture” and work at a strategic level, as well as have a keen attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Ability to build and develop internal and external relationships
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and the Internet
• Strong analytical, conceptual and project management skills
• Ability to manage timelines and keep on top of crucial deadlines
• Knowledge of the functions of product development, packaging design, advertising, and sales and their effect on product marketability
• Attention to detail, good follow-through, and consistent professional ethics.