Product Marketing Manager | Full-time | 75-105k
Title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Salary range: 75-105k+ bonus (~20%)
Our client, a Software Development & Design company in Philadelphia is seeking a PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER to add to their team full-time.
This role creates the product marketing strategy and plan, coordinates a variety of marketing execution resources (e.g. content, offers) and ensures that marketing, sales and channel resources have the knowledge and tools required to convert leads into opportunities and closed business.
The Product Marketing Manager performs the following essential functions:
- Define the market opportunity for company's product.
- Perform targeting/segmentation exercises.
- Map out the potential buying process for the company's product, including key roles that will participate in it.
- Develop buyer personas for the identified roles.
- Build product positioning and messaging.
- Work alongside Content Marketing Manager to build relevant content for buyer roles to consume in a variety of formats, including website content, social media, blogs, infographics, video, online events and more.
- Develop the competitive comparison guide for use in positioning against like offerings from other organizations.
- Collaborate with a formal sales enablement function and/or sales operations on a well-defined sales enablement plan.
- Lead or assist in the creation of enablement content for direct and indirect sales resources (e.g. playbooks, battlecards, scripts, presentations, training modules and demos).
- Assist in product naming.
- Write the marketing requirements document ? Manage launch planning and orchestrate the execution of the commercial release of a product, including campaign strategy and/or alignment to existing solution campaign structure.
- Work alongside Content Marketing Manager to develop product release campaigns and campaign resources.
- Develop a range of customer testimonials for external/internal use, including written case studies.
- Assist the Customer Success team in developing product retention strategies.
- Conduct win/loss interviews and perform ongoing analysis.
- Strong writing / presentation building.
- Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and account-based marketing programs to grow existing relationships.
- Project management.
- Ability to analyze information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behavior (conversion rates and velocity) to detect breakdowns in the marketing and sales process.
- Ability to link product launches to organizational themes and goals.
- Demonstrated use of Salesforce.
- Demonstrated use of Aha!
- Familiarity with or demonstrated use of Pardot.
- Demonstrated copywriting skills (blog, infographic, white paper) – show sample work.
- Demonstrated familiarity with SEO.
- Demonstrated use of Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- HTML skills – basic to intermediate.
- Demonstrated ability to code emails.
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Illustrator, or similar software.
- Strong business acumen.
- Highly organized.
- Collaborative and team-first.
- Relational and empathetic.
Education / Experience
- 3-5 years in a product marketing role.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree / MBA preferred
- Product management experience required
- Technical/product category experience desirable
- Pragmatic Institute/Pragmatic Marketing Certified highly desirable.