Product Marketing Specialist
Leading seating manufacturer is looking for a Product Marketing Specialist to join their team!
Product Marketing Managers are responsible for guiding products from conception to launch. But to do that they must put laser-like focus on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring solutions to all of the markets where we do business.
You will conduct market research, influence product development, drive channel marketing plans, partner with key stakeholders – both internal and external – and create and execute highly successful go-to-market strategies.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Gather customer requirements, define a product vision and strategy and bring your product to market while working with world-class professionals.
- Assume full P&L responsibility for the category, including budgets, forecasts, revenue goals, pricing strategy and product line strategy.
- Implement market research and competitive intelligence efforts across the category. Working closely with market research department, gather qualitative and quantitative information about the external market environment, customer preferences and needs and the evolving competitive landscape.
- Manage product planning and the product roadmap. Develop the multi-year strategic product roadmap for the category. Define key feature sets, chief selling points and product differentiators. Prepare product briefs and pricing strategy. Create and update forecasts based on assessments of total addressable market, brand’s target share position, growth objectives and seasonality. Define product positioning within category and against competitive products.
- Create a program strategy for your category, including go-to-market plan, launch plan, sales readiness and competitive positioning. Define key selling and messaging points and collaborate with creative marketing team to develop collateral and website content to support new and existing products.
- Guide all aspects of product lifecycle management including launch strategy, on-going category analysis and end-of-life strategy.
- Develop channel support materials including product presentations and evangelize to customers at roadshows and tradeshows.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing is required.
- Additional experience in related marketing fields (market research, customer/retail marketing, digital marketing) a plus.
- Prior P&L or Category Management responsibility is required.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or B2B environment preferred.
- Excellent strategic thinker with action and results orientation.
- Ability to conduct financial, market and competitive analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and integrate cross functionally.
- Capable of establishing credibility with sales force and customers.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills with the ability to conduct C-level presentations.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.