Production and Sourcing Manager
Leading lifestyle company in Orange County is looking for a Production and Sourcing Manager to join their team!
The Production and Sourcing Manager is responsible for managing a production team, building and maintaining vendor relationships, sourcing best fit suppliers and delivering a quality product on time and in accordance with strict seasonal release schedules
They will manage the vendor base, establish the seasonal buy plan, manage systemic procurement systems and develop manufacturing plans and strategies that support the Company’s delivery and margin goals.
Work in conjunction with the Sales, Product Development and Operations teams to drive the seasonal product launch for both off shore and domestic manufacturing.
Essential Job Functions
• Actively manage suppliers to ensure all suppliers meet and attain capacity/delivery/margin requirement and quality assurance standards.
• Maintain open and frequent communication with Sales, Product Development, Customer Service and Operations on all issues relating to quality, delivery and margin.
• Work with Production Planners to develop and manage production schedules to support seasonal launch plans, reduce lead-times and minimize surcharges and excess materials.
• Promote and reinforce the Company’s quality standards through active collaboration with the Company’s Quality team. Work cooperatively with QA Coordinators and Field Auditors to ensure that all bulk production orders leave the factory defect free.
• In collaboration with the Product Development and Operations leadership take an active role in Sourcing of new materials and suppliers with the goal of elevating quality, improving margin and reducing lead times.
• Manage a team of Production Planners responsible for day-to-day communication with companies factories, ensuring the timely review of factory Work-In-Process (WIP) reports and the impact on our seasonal release schedule.
• Work cross functionally to ensure Departmental Calendar Milestones and Seasonal Supplier Scorecards are achieved and executed on-time. Develop and deploy improvement plans.
• Ensure Domestic Screen printing plans are supported with timely procurement of bulk raw material deliveries, in order to meet delivery and lead time objectives.
• Manage the Logistics function to ensure accurate and timely movement of shipments.
Minimum Job Requirements
• B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in Apparel, Sourcing, Procurement Roles.
• Minimum of 10 years’ management experience in apparel or textile sourcing and production with domestic and international suppliers.
• Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, ERP (preferably Full Circle) and PLM systems.
• Demonstrates strong customer service and communication skills. The ability to write clearly and persuasively in addition to defining problems and articulating solutions.
• Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
• Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on all areas of responsibility.
• Results driven with ability to operate on a strategic and tactical level.
• Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods.
• Participation, understanding and working knowledge of the Company’s products.