Production Artist (Apparel) | Contract to Hire | Philadelphia
Position: Production Artist (Apparel)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Status: 2 month contract-to-hire
Rate: Depends on Experience (targeting $20-35/hr, DOE)
Our fashion client is seeking a Production Designer on a contract-to-hire basis.
Position Overview: You will report into the Director of Apparel Design and Development and work in Photoshop and Illustrator to take existing graphics and iterate them across multiple lines (approx 155).
- Work in Photoshop and Illustrator to take existing graphics and iterate them across multiple lines (approx 155).
- Assist in the layout and production of a catalog working in InDesign (200+ pages).
- Create clean production art files, design multiple conversions, manage proofing and approvals/revisions, and sales board creation.
- Convert graphics into multiple teams and create clean production files to be used for decorating apparel, for both printable graphics and cut and sew styles.
- Study layouts, recipes of proposed concept, and acquire all related materials to make each design successful.
- Manage the submittal process, approvals and any necessary revisions.
- Work alongside Design and Production Art teams to ensure all art and tech packs meet creative intent and adhere to League standards.
- Proofread formats for errors and must be able to trouble shoot art/print issues and resolve immediately.
- Communicate with screen printers to endure product quality and accuracy.
- Support Management teams with developing new relationships with screen print facilities.
- Assist with development to guarantee print quality and execution are in accordance with brand standards.
- Work closely with Sales and Merchandising on all new smu graphic requests.
- Create Sales boards/tools as needed. ?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic or Fashion Design Related Field
- Approximately 4-8 years industry tested graphic design experience
- Must possess demonstrated proficiency of MAC and all applicable programs including Adobe Creative Suite programs - please be a PRO in the Adobe Creative Suite and be able to work quickly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with minimal errors.
- Strong sense of color and an understanding of screen print production
- Detail oriented with strong communication and organizational skills Highly detailed, organized and motivated -excellent attention to detail and clean file versioning and set up for final print is essential to your success.
- Strong composition and typographic skills
- Ability to work as part of a larger, fast-paced team
- Requires minimal direction and can work independently
- Self motivated and multi-task oriented ?
- Must be able to proactively identify problems and develop solutions
- Able to respond quickly to multiple projects and deadlines with strong time management skills.
- Domestic travel may be required.
If you are qualified for this opportunity please forward your resume and portfolio today!