Our client, a well-known denim brand located in Downtown LA, is seeking a Production Assistant/Coordinator to assist their denim team. This is an immediate freelance 40 hour per week on site position with the potential to turn go full time. Experience with denim is required.
• Maintains on time development of product.
• Builds calendar and tracks adherence to ensure timely turnover of development, receipt of proto and market samples.
• Monitors calendar weekly to promote flow of designs and materials, and takes corrective action to accelerate late development and issues that would cause delays.
• Locate viable trend, budget, and quality appropriate materials and vendors to expand brand offering.
• Continually sources affordable, trend appropriate materials for use in line through direct supplier contact, tradeshows, factories, and agents. Visits retail and factories regularly to stay abreast of material and construction trends applicable to the brand.
• Strong cross-functional relationships with Merchandising, Design as well as Production and Tech
• Work with Design Team to use liabilities when possible.
• As needed, works closely with production to resolve delivery issues arising from development.
• Minimum 4 years experience
• Previous experience with denim sourcing & washes preferred
• Microsoft Office programs Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
• Conversational Spanish and/or Chinese is preferred
• Has a sense of urgency in managing time and while accomplishing tasks
• Strong written and verbal communication skills Demonstrates proactive problem solving skills
• Use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn.
• Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.