Our client, a leading apparel retailer, located in Downtown LA is seeking a Production Coordinator for their Accessories department. This is a 1-3 month freelance assignment with the potential to extend.
• Management of order confirmations to factories on all order details § Manage and maintain purchase order accuracy
• Prepare and update confirmed placement sheets for orders confirmed.
• Ensure production matches the production ready samples.
• Report to Technical Services any revisions and updates needed in Tech Packages and Bills of Materials.
• Track and prepare materials/samples for pre-production approvals and monitor to ensure tests are performed.
• Support costing process by creating and distributing packages.
• Assist in trim sourcing and development of care instructions.
• Assist Manager in management of flow.
• Work closely with all vendors and Managers/Associates to ensure adherence to time and action calendars to achieve on-time delivery.
• Arrange fabric inspection, monitor fabric inventory, track liabilities. • Monitor production status.
• Track shipments from vendor to distribution center. • Develop relationships with mentors, peers and all sourcing channels
• 1-3 years experience in Production/Sourcing/Sample Management
• College degree preferred § Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
• Has a sense of urgency in managing time and while accomplishing tasks
• Demonstrates proactive problem solving skills
• Use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn.
• Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goal
• Ability to solicit feedback for self-development
• Ability to create effective presentations
• Basic costing and negotiation skills
• Good people management/delegation skills and able to influence others