Our Global Sportswear client is looking for a Production Designer to join their team. This would be a 6 month long contract in Baltimore, MD.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for constructing highly technical templates and dielines that define the layout of graphic elements, and editing constraints using specific conventions within Adobe Creative Suite. Candidate should understand branding and style guides, maintain production-ready assets, and will also be responsible for editing work to provide clean and correct files in a timely manner.
In Order to Succeed:
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, excellent collaborator and good at organizing large amounts of content.
- Demonstrate professionalism and strong verbal and written communication skills to external and internal entities.
- Must be adaptable, flexible and open to rapid iteration, short-term problem solving, deadline oriented and be able to keep your cool while juggling multiple projects in a high pressure environment.
- Willingness to learn new things, share and critique work, and potentially teach others.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in print-based graphic production.
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Photography, or related field preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe CC software and MS Office on MAC platforms.
- Experience in offset and digital print production and the setup of pre-press artwork files for multiple outlets, such as large format light boxes, fabric frames, wall murals, and window displays.
- Understanding of graphic systems and style guides to communicate branding and campaign messaging executed across multiple sizes and formats.
- Highly proficient in InDesign and Photoshop digital image manipulation.
- Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline oriented environment independently and resourcefully.
- Large organization/large corporation brand experience a plus.
- Agency experience is a plus.
- Stay keenly aware of production deadlines and manage time accordingly.
- Work directly with designers, account managers and sales staff to understand all art requirements and timelines.
- Work closely with design team to implement changes in a timely manner, sometimes producing multiple versions of layouts.
- Use floor plans and elevations to visualize how graphics relate to each other in a retail space or environment.
- Re-purpose graphic assets to span a wide range of sizes for consistent, systematic layouts.
- Manipulate digital imagery to extend backgrounds and color correct apparel as needed.
- Must possess extremely meticulous attention to detail and have an uncanny gift for catching any and all mistakes while preparing files for output.
- Build, maintain and release digital files for pre-press or other production hand-off from design team.
- Maintain organized asset database on server with consistent naming conventions for hi-res production files.
- Manage production aspects of jobs handed off from art directors/designers.
- Uploading print-ready files to ftp sites for global production/downloading customer art.
- Work with in-house production team and outside vendors to ensure files are always produced properly, on-time and at the highest level of quality.
- Maintain knowledge of current graphic-design software, hardware and best practices.
- Commitment to continuously improve initiatives and ability to solve creative and process problems.