Production Designer (Store)
Production Designer (Store)
6 month contract, possibility to extend/convert
Fountain Valley, CA
Our client is a large coffee company with headquarters in Seattle, WA. They are seeking a Production Designer to join their team in Fountain Valley, CA. This job contributes to our clients success by creating design concepts, furniture, finish and material solutions that supports varied customer need states and points of distribution. We are looking for a candidate with experience in high end commercial design development, interior and design experience, and management of various design projects and operations.
- Executes Design strategy in design of company stores. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes to internal designers and external consultants.
- Identifies exceptions, proposes and implements design solutions.
- Contributes to studio team goals by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
- Develops design documentation to support design intent per regional guidelines including schematic drawings and finish palettes.
- Manages the production of construction documents by internal and external designers and consultants. Responsible for the integrity and quality of the construction documents inclusive of design intent, detailing, code requirements, scheduling and MEPs.
- Participates in the architectural design process by reviewing and analyzing project documentation.
- Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to project team and meets all established deadlines. Conducts site visits as needed.
- Participates in schematic reviews with cross-functional teams
- CAD drafting using Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup software
- Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents
- Experience managing external architectural and/or design consultants
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design including furniture and finishes
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
24 Seven is an award-winning creative staffing and recruiting firm that connects high caliber talent with leading brands, marketing departments, design firms, ad and interactive agencies. For 15 years, 24 Seven has been providing temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and executive search solutions to leading organizations across many industries, including fashion, luxury retail, e-commerce and beauty. We support our clients' evolving talent demands with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia and Atlanta.