Our client is a large, local insurance company looking for a Project Manager to join the team.
Functional Job Summary:
- Utilizing project management methodology, plan and manage projects of varying complexity, priority and risk that focus on the design and development of business solutions.
- Lead, collaborate with and facilitate cross-functional and cross-organizational team.
- Create and manage project management plans, including resource forecasts, project communications, estimations, project scope and schedule, issues and risks, decisions
- Experienced in organizational change management frameworks and associated activities.
- Responsible for vendor management: RFI, RFP, SOWs, and managing vendors to milestones.
- Apply business and technical knowledge to initiate corrective actions, as appropriate, to ensure that deliverables are produced on time, within budget, and in accordance with quality standards.
- Communicate, negotiate, facilitate and collaborate in a wide variety of settings and projects that are complex, up to and including enterprise-wide assignments.
- Influence decision making and actively engage with project leaders, sponsors, and key stakeholders to ensure optimum business value delivery.
- Act as a mentor and role model for other team members on both discipline skills and behaviors.
- Ability to lead, mentor, coach and motivate project teams.
- Actively participate and collaborate in continuous improvement efforts.
o Experience in managing projects of various size and complexity
o Excellent communication, time/project management, creative problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
o Experience in organizational change management.
o Experience in insurance operations preferred, Employee Benefits Division experience a plus
o Experience in multiple software development methodologies and project management methodologies (PMBOK, etc.)
o Proficiency in MS Project preferred, experience in industry standard project management and software requirements tools.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in providing project management in employee benefits, financial services, technology delivery, or other related fields