Project Manager, Purchasing
Our client is a leading global beauty brand creating the latest cosmetics, skin care, and makeup tools. With their whimsical, high-quality, and on-trend approach, it’s never been easier for every beauty enthusiast to feel their most beautiful every day.
In this position, you would be responsible for sourcing and negotiating with suppliers and overseeing the pre-production sample process. You would also be responsible for monitoring project status and ensuring projects are completed on-time.
• Source and negotiate with suppliers, purchasing, and development and ensure on-time delivery of ready-for-market product aligned with market needs, budget, and brand image
• Oversee the pre-production and production sample process and comments with internal departments and suppliers; develop the Forecast Allocation Template and maintain purchase orders
• Research, identify, and select suppliers for projects, negotiate costs with suppliers, and analyze supplier spec and cost options
• Define the project scope and develop a comprehensive work plan identifying and sequencing activities to complete new product launch projects
• Establish a project schedule to allocate resources to the activities; review the project schedule with upper management and staff
• Monitor project status and adjust as necessary to ensure on-time project completion; create records to document project activities
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-3 years’ purchasing, project management, and/or manufacturing experience
• APICS or CPM Planning Certification and Project Management Certification preferred