Project Manager/Traffic Manager
Reputable ad agency is seeking an experience Project Manager to join their team!
Position Summary: The Project Manager is a strategic partner who brings a skilled team together to ensure the agency successfully executes and delivers to market, within the agreed time and budget.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
• Reporting to and partnering with the Sr. PM to:
o Review high-level client, program/campaign and project plan for the year
o Obtain a clear understanding of client expectations and rules of engagement
o Develop actionable project plans and vet through key team members
• Coordinate and collaborate with account leads in developing a plan for new or shifting tactics
• Review and provide input to project brief, budget, and schedule prior to kickoff
• Prepare for and schedule all internal meetings, including kickoff, internal review, regroup, status and debrief meetings
• Open all meetings with attendees/roles, goals/objectives of the meeting, and materials provided for the meeting
• Close all meetings with summary of discussion, decisions made, and immediate next steps
• Facilitate meetings to ensure meeting stays on track and on time
• Understand and advocate for the workflow process and each team member’s role and responsibility within the workflow
• Review action orders (AOs) to ensure clear and executable direction is provided
• Lead the online routing of projects, while ensuring quality assurance at each step
• Maintain the daily hot sheet
• Estimate resource allocation hours required
• Provide constant communication in person, via email, IM, phone:
o Client expectations and deliverables
o Resource allocation requirements
• Advocate for the team while monitoring delivery dates
• Provide alternative solutions to ensure project stays on track
• Statement of work (SOW) review and input
• Research process and industry practices
• Identify and share best practices
Regularly Interacts with: All departments within the agency, including strategy/planning, accounts, creative, medical, editorial, studio, finance, operations, broadcast production, print production/art buying digital, media buying
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree
• Work Experience: Between 3 to 5 years’ direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project planning through execution and delivery. Pharmaceutical exposure desired.
• Skills: Proficient in MS Office, including MS Project and/or an online project management workflow tool. Experienced in digital, print and broadcast production.
• Competencies: Proactive and effective communicator with multiple team members in varying departments. Analytical in thinking (assumptions and risk evaluation), flexible and agile, collaborative, thorough and efficient in time management.