We are partnering with our client in need of a Purchasing Manager - let us know if you're interested!
Manages all of purchasing-related functions. Recruits, develops and manages all purchasing associates. Approves purchases of goods and services and continually analyzes changes or new issues in supply to reduce cost, improve quality or improve schedules.
Provides oversight of the purchasing of materials and services from suppliers. Leads the development and implementation of sourcing strategies. Responsible for supplier quality performance. Responsible for setting the standard cost of purchased materials on an annual basis. Ensures that business expectations of purchasing are met.
Manages departmental budgets and sets objectives for the purchasing department.
1. Supervises daily purchasing functions
2. Reviews orders, decisions and contracts and oversees materials and services from suppliers.
3. Performs negotiations and determines most competitive solutions using a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
4. Responsible for the execution of short- and long-term process improvement projects. Identifies and drives out non-value-added activities.
5. Responsible for departmental budgets and goals.
Business / Technology
Ability to create spend level strategy consistent with business unit goals – both short- and long-term focused. Focused on internal customers, proactively anticipating their needs. Ability to negotiate total business agreements with defined service and support levels. Capable of independently building negotiation strategies and understanding BATNA and how to effectively utilize compromise to the company’s advantage. Quickly assess financial trade-offs with in a negotiation. Skilled in the implementation and oversight of supplier quality management programs.
Working knowledge of the inter-relationships between key financial statements. Ability to interpret analysis, build generic supplier cost models, apply statistical tools and calculate TCO on monetary values. Skilled in evaluating purchase price and freight variances and explaining corrective action. Skilled in the use of ERP and database-level systems with knowledge in electronic collaboration tools. Ability to build detailed project plans and achieve original target dates, managing/leading single location projects.
Aware of cultural, currency, geography and political issues. Applies principles of KOS when identifying and implementing new processes, sharing learning with peers and cross-functional associates.
Establish criteria/work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity and support.
Ability to develop concise communication to professionally express oneself effectively in both verbal and written formats. Proactively identifies improvements and supports/qualifies/sells ideas to management (e.g. pursues champion). Builds and facilitates relationships that result in strong partnerships with stakeholders, especially with the sales department. Participates on cross-functional teams to achieve common goals and takes an active role in developing the team’s action plan.
Contributes to positive morale within a team and embraces diverse and global cultures.
Seeks out internal and external opportunities to work in a team environment. Capable of leading projects. Actively seeks out opportunities/needs by participating in and supporting associate professional development. Develops departmental strategic plans and goals, sharing vision both internally and externally.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
• Reports to Director-Operations
• Supervisory responsibility – Provides direction to internal buyers and external suppliers regarding new product development or conversion processes.
• Directly supervises all Purchasing associates.
• Current country purchasing organization
• Provides technical guidance to less experienced buyers
• Provides analysis to business unit senior/executive management on total cost of ownership requirements, including non-monetary values.
External Business Relationships: