Raw Materials Consultant
Our client is an iconic specialty retailer creating the latest must-have essentials. Their innovative, on-trend, and chic designs are celebrated by top models and the most stylish trendsetters alike.
In this role, you would serve as the key contact and liaison between design, raw materials suppliers, and technical teams. You would help research, source, and expedite raw material projects for bulk production.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as design for research and development and ensure viable raw materials are created and utilized in sampling and production
• Direct design updates during development process; source new ideas; remain current on emerging industry trends and the competitive market
• Work with internal and external partners, such as vendors, design, sourcing, and product development during the design process
• Source and develop trim and components aligned with the brand lifestyle, season, and collection concept; provide support to design, production, and product development teams
• Participate in concept development and meetings; ensure materials are aligned with quality standards and the business strategy
• Bachelor's degree in business, textiles science, fashion, merchandising, or design
• Interest in textile manufacturing process and raw materials/fabric
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Illustrator