R&D Beauty Chemist
Our client is a leading global beauty brand creating the latest cosmetics, skin care, and makeup tools. With their whimsical, high-quality, and on-trend approach, it’s never been easier for every beauty enthusiast to feel their most beautiful every day.
In this position, you would be responsible for directing all R&D innovation projects and pre-screening all submissions from outside labs. You would also be responsible for meeting with outside labs for formula and shade development on A & B product launches.
• Track all R&D innovation projects and ensure all labs are working in the right priority order to meet R&D milestone
• Pre-Screen all submissions from outside labs and analyze conformance to standards; partner with Director of R&D to evaluate submissions with Marketing
• Establish project calls with outside labs to begin new projects; update web based project management planning system for R&D team
• Direct all R&D timelines for assigned projects and partner with the Validation Specialist to coordinate samples for required testing
• Meet with outside labs for formula and shade development on A & B product launches; ensure proper batch scale up
• Lead raw material supplier visits and manage raw material database and maintain formula development measurements as requested by department head
• Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field
• 4+ years’ experience in cosmetics industry.
• Knowledge of cosmetics formulation, raw materials, and color matching