R&D Lab Manager
Leading Beauty Brand in Orange County is looking for a R&D Lab Manager
• Cosmetics and Personal Care sector which includes helping to develop and grow the business both domestically and globally. In addition this position will oversee and manage our Laboratory – focusing on Cosmetics and Skincare formulations.
• Responsible for all laboratory functions of the Cosmetic and Personal Care sectors.
• Provide oversight and guidance to various technical Teams within the company, including Chemistry, R&D, Marketing and other key technical areas/departments.
• Utilizes in-depth technical know-how on specific product line, test methods for the industry and/or product use in industry specific applications.
• Provide technical leadership for the lab and direct the activities of a group of technicians and subject matter experts.
• Collaborate with sales teams, account managers and interface with clients.
• Handle multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
• Works as an individual contributor by developing and testing solutions.
• Stays current with trends, development and innovations in focus industry and the relevant product lines, maintain knowledge of customer application testing, and supports business growth.
• Responsible for providing testing solutions to our customers and technical knowledge of Cosmetics and Personal Care segments.
• Be able to work in collaboration with internal and external sources.
• Check technical records, perform data analysis, and review laboratory reports.
• Conduct review of client demands and determine availability of resources and work with sales providing support when developing pricing.
• Must have a technical/ science background, chemistry, biology engineering etc.
- MS with 5-7 years related experience preferred.
• Previous project management experience is desired
• Demonstrated laboratory skills, data collection and reporting.
• Knowledge of the Cosmetic and Personal Care sectors desirable.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Expected to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must have a customer focus.