Regional Sales Director
Our client in the software industry seeks a Regional Sales Director for a fulltime role.
As the Regional Sales Director, you're responsible for building and leading a team of Regional Sales Managers, and developing product/ sales training for your aligned RSMs while supporting the Sales Plan. While reporting to the Director, NA Sales, you will promote the transfer of knowledge through consistent follow-up to reinforce a variety of methods such as: Deal Reviews, TAP (Territory Attack Plan), KPIs, Positive Culture, Leadership, Accurate Forecast, Revenue, and Customer Retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Achieve revenue targets by driving daily sales consultant activity across a local geography covering multiple industries.
• Monitor team performance and drive deals by helping to remove internal barriers, anticipate and resolve conflicts to drive team's success.
• Join sales calls with team to provide coaching and help create early-stage opportunities, through converting opportunities to closed wins.
• Run weekly sales team meetings to enable team with the knowledge and skills needed to be successful.
• Work with Sales Enablement and Sales Operations to roll out initiatives/programs designed to improve sales execution and effectiveness.
• Training- Implement a weekly training program to help with rep development on product, marketing,retention, and sales.
• Manage and validate pipeline by assessing early-stage opportunities to ensure team has enough pipeline at all times to meet or exceed team quota.
• Inspect for SFDC hygiene and ensure all opportunities are current, accurate and complete with required information.
• Meet or exceed forecast commit to Sales Leadership every month for your sales team within 10%. Develop and implement quarterly and annual business plans to achieve goals and revenue targets.
• Demonstrate deep level of understanding product and platform
• Build sales talent candidate bench to generate Regional Sales Manager candidates.
• Administrative responsibility for all employees on the team.
• Serve as the main point of contact to help facilitate deals through Legal, Deal Management, Customer Service/Support, and Sales Enablement. This will include opportunity/pipeline stage management.
• Promote a team mindset and commitment to achieving team success marked by in-person/in-office interaction, teaming, mentoring and a strong affiliation to and sense of pride about the product.
• Evolve in to a high performing team by training, coaching, and developing sales consultants to success across all of the aspects of their role, provide learning and growth opportunities.
• Motivate team by supporting individual/team learning and growth, and by celebrating wins.
• Recruit and hire outstanding sales talent who will be successful and bring value to the team and are the best fit for the industry they will cover. Coach new hires through the sales onboarding program, assign mentors to new hires, and establish and coach to a development plan that will achieve success (in partnership with industry sales director).
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of four (4) years successful sales team management
• Minimum of eight (8) years successful sales track record in meeting or exceeding assigned individual quota of around $1M annually.
• High degree of motivation and professionalism with advanced organizational, project management, negotiation, change management, problem solving skills, process management, leadership, coaching, mentoring, resource management, and team building skills.
• Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times
• Inside Sales experience required
• Strongly prefer previous experience selling Software as a Service (SaaS) technologies in a related industry.
• Solution sales experience a big plus.
• Strong ability to learn new technology and ramp quickly.
• Experience selling software products and solutions to marketing and sales professionals strongly preferred.
• MUST BE willing to use Salesforce.com to document all stages of the sales process.
• Process and task oriented; very organized and diligent in territory/deal management.